Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful for God's Provision



   It's that time of the year again...the first snow is still sitting on the grass, the people are wearing coats again, and all of the Americans are regretting how much they ate at Thanksgiving dinner. We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving meal with dear friends and a house full of laughter. It really was such a joyous occasions and I am very thankful for the people that came and the part that they have in my life.

   


   I can't complain, my place on the team in our church in Lviv is amazing! I love leading the youth group, playing on the worship team, working the coffee bar, and serving in whatever ways that I can. Because of my place in the youth group it has been so awesome to be able to speak into the lives of these kids and watch as they grow and mature. I am really proud of the kids in the youth group and the ways that they serve in our church.

   But times change. Right now is a large time of change in my life. In fact, today is my last day to hang out with my best friend Evan. Tomorrow morning Evan will be flying back to America to become a police officer, and he is the perfect man for the job! I also have other friends in the church that are moving and even my sister has moved out now. I have been observing the changes that have been going on and praying about what will be next.

   I believe that God wants me to accept these changes and realize that this is a time of change in my life. One of those changes that will be taking place is that I will be moving to Hungary for Bible college! It is my desire to be able to go Bible college this spring, as I have already done one semester online. Unfortunately, moving over to Hungary for Bible college costs more than studying here from Ukraine does. If I don't go to the college this spring I will remain in Ukraine until next fall. If that is what needs to happen of course that is okay, I will continue to serve here. But I would really prefer not to spend my whole first year of college off campus.
   

   This is where you guys come in. If I can get enough support then I might be able to make it to Hungary for college in a couple of months. If you have a desire and would be interested in supporting me for college, please click here. Any small amount of support that you can contribute will be a huge blessing to me and I thank you ahead of time for your support. Almost all of my life I have lived as a missionary and we have lived off of support from people like you. You guys are a huge blessing and I thank you very much for the part you have played in our lives in letting God use you to help us.

   I would also like to ask for your prayers as I will be having a wisdom tooth cut out on Tuesday. It should be a pretty simple operation, just a little bit of cutting and then it will be done. Praise God, we have a great dentist here that I know and trust. I will have the operation on Tuesday, but for now I am taking antibiotics to get rid of some inflammation in my gums so that they can easily get the tooth out. Thank you again for all of your prayers, they are very much appreciated.

   Well, that is all from me for today. Thank you again for your prayers, and please pray for my mom who will be flying back to Ukraine next week! We've missed her very much and are very happy to be having her home soon! So, until next week...Happy Holidays!

God bless you all,
~Alex R. Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment