Friday, February 27, 2015

Bible College...Yeah...



   What can I say?! Bible College has been great for me! Some of you may be a little bit concerned about my sanity, but I assure you that these plungers were brand new and had never been used. I just wanted you guys to see that I have been adjusting very well to life here in the States. Bible College has been a very growing and very humbling experience for me and I am just so grateful to be here.

   Again, this has been a great and challenging experience for me and this semester has had many trials already. But God is good and He has been using them for His glory. One of the challenges for me this semester has been my health. I've just struggled with a few things here and there and it wasn't a lot of fun, especially since I don't have insurance and medical expenses tend to be expensive. But God is good and I am just so amazed by all of the ways which He has provided for me. I cannot express how thankful I am for those who stood by me and supported me in all of the ways that they did.


   My classes have been awesome and the homework...yeah, 'nuf said. But really, I have been enjoying it a lot and I have been learning so much from these classes. One of my favorite classes is my mentorship with Tracy Gray, as he is teaching me to be a Biblical Counselor. It's been such a wonderful class and I am soaking in every minute with him.

   I enjoy my place in the church here too. God has opened up many doors for me to be involved in various ministries, such as the worship team, the youth group, and even the coffee ministry at times. The church body is getting to know me and there are a few families here who have really taken me in and adopted me as a part of their families. That is huge for me because I love my family so much and it is amazing being here, but I do miss my family very much. Yet, God is faithful in providing friends here who have taken me in and welcomed me into their homes, and I am so thankful for that.

   As I mentioned earlier, God has opened a door for me to serve with the youth group here and that has been an awesome opportunity for me as well. I enjoy serving in youth group very much and I came over here hoping to be involved in that. God was faithful and gave me a neat place in the youth group. I am not an overseer of anything specific in the youth group, I am just there to hang out with the kids and love on them, and correct them occasionally when they need little nudges. But honestly, the youth group here is totally blessed and God has brought in some really great kids and they really don't give us much trouble at all; in fact, I have been blessed by more than one of them. A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to go with the youth group and chaperon for a ski trip and it was such an amazing trip! Wow, God is just so good!



   Now on to the biggest point of this blog! PRACTICUM! Every year the Bible College sends out the students on a practicum trip, in which we travel to a foreign country and share the love of Jesus with people. I am so excited to be a part of this and can't wait to head out! This year we will have two teams, one of which is going to Ukraine and the other one is going to St. Kitts, a small island in the Caribbean. I'll bet you guys can't guess where I'm going?! Well, I'm going to Ukraine...I know, you are all shocked to hear such news! At any rate, I will be there for a couple of weeks and then when the team goes back to America I will be staying in Ukraine for the summer. When that time is over I will be moving back to America, where I will finish my last year of Bible College and wait until the Lord shows me the next step. All I can say is that the next six months are going to be very interesting!

   Here is where I want to ask for your prayers. To go on this trip I need to raise a little over a thousand dollars, and not many places want to hire me given the fact that I will be gone for the whole summer. Please pray for favor for me as I have some interviews coming up. I believe that a man should be diligent and work to provide for himself and, if he has one, his family, and it really drives me crazy not having work. But I know that the Lord is faithful and that He will provide...this whole semester has been a testimony of that for me. 

   So I ask you to please keep me in prayer, as well as this: support. If you feel led to support me on this mission trip your support would be a huge blessing; but please, pray about this first. Your prayers are a huge blessing and if that is all that you can give, God will still be faithful to provide for me. If all that you can give is ten dollars, that too will still make a difference. If you are interested in sending any financial support please contact me at {   alexrichardpratt@gmail.com   } and I will give you the necessary information for where you could send the money for this specific trip. Again, please pray about this and give it some thought. Your prayers are always appreciated and I feel them, truly. 




God bless you all,
~Alex R. Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment