Monday, August 12, 2013

The FINNISH of Our Time Here

   

   Well, our time here has been awesome! We've spent close to two weeks with our family here in Finland, and it has been a blast. I can't believe it has taken me five years to get back out here! As I mentioned in a previous blog, the first time that I came to Finland was in 2008, when my first niece, Emily, was born. I love the time with my family and I would love to learn more about this country.

   The kids are growing up so fast! It seems like it was just yesterday when Emily was hardly talking; but now, when we go outside, Emily is always running up ahead. She is getting ready to learn how to ride with two wheels on her bicycle soon, and then Isabella will start riding a bike too!
   So, just as time goes by so quickly and the children grow up, so has our time with the family also gone very quickly and we are preparing to depart. On one hand, of course, this makes me sad. Emily was asking today why we had to go back to Ukraine; asking why we had to work. When children ask those questions we always want to say, "Okay, I'll just stay then!"

   On the other hand though, I miss home. I miss my pillow, I miss playing on my drums, and I miss teaching at our youth group. As the Bible says in Ecclesiastes, "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." So, I have enjoyed this season of rest, but I also look forward to going home.

   When I get home I will be jumping right back into ministry. Lord willing, we will be back in L'viv on Friday night. Then, Saturday we have an evangelism planned, so I'll be going there and helping out in whatever ways that I can. Sunday morning is our church service, and then after that I'm going to be in a music video with my brother, Joshua Pratt. You can check out our music page by clicking here.

   Monday we'll be spending time with my mom because she is leaving for America that night. My oldest sister, Nicole, is pregnant with her first child and she is expecting the child within the next few weeks. So my mom will go there for two months to help Nicole however she can and to be there for support.

   After Monday I will be teaching at our VBS for two weeks. Our VBS will have a Gold Rush theme and we hope the children will enjoy it very much. We will play games, teach English, teach the Bible, and do fun crafts with the kids. We aren't sure how many children we will have, but we are praying for about sixty children; and if the Lord brings more, praise God!



   So, we have plenty to do when we get home, and now we are preparing for the long car ride home, and enjoying all the time that we have left with the family. The more I hold little Timothy, the more I look forward to the years, a long time down the road, when I will be a daddy! I just love looking into his beautiful, blue eyes, and feeling his tiny heartbeat!

   So, the next time you hear from me I will writing from Ukraine, unless the Lord comes back before then. I hope you all have a wonderful week!


God bless you all,
~Alex R. Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment