Saturday, September 7, 2013

Busy as a Bee!




   Well, what can I say...this week has been crazy busy! Where do I begin? Well, I guess I could start by announcing that I am officially a Bible College student! I got accepted and my classes started this week. I've really enjoyed my classes so far! I've only been studying for one week, but I am already so amazed with the things that I've learned and can't wait to see what I will have learned after three years of studying there.

   On top of my classes I am still teaching our youth group, which I really enjoy. It is my desire to one day be a pastor and this is such a great way to start. I am so blessed to see all of the kids that are coming, and we even have unbelievers coming now! About seven kids have joined us from VBS and they have come two weeks in a row, and that is just amazing to see. Please pray for these kids as they hear the Word of God and as we develop the relationships that we have with these kids. They have heard the Gospel and we even showed a skit for them that you can view here if you are interested. So, pray that they will keep coming and that they would have open hearts to what God is doing.

   Another amazing blessing for me is that my best friend, Evan Ledford, came home after three months of being away. While Evan was gone he had an opportunity to go to Israel for a month and he went. I was very happy to see that he had such a unique opportunity, but I was also excited to have him back in Ukraine again! 


   As I mentioned in a previous blog, we have recently had many open doors for our children's ministry. We finished our VBS and I'd say that we went out with a bang! But even after VBS was finished we weren't finished serving the kids. We put together a children's festival where we had games, music, and Bible stories. I was asked to play a special role in the festival and I was honored to serve as, "Bozo the Clown!" This was not my first time being a clown and it is unlikely that it will be my last time. It brings me great joy to see the smiles on the faces of the little children and to know that we had a part in that.


   Today was a very nice day for me, because I have some Christian friends that I met at our church's English Club, and they invited me to go bicycle riding with them and to join them for a picnic in the woods. Truth be told, I haven't been on a bicycle since I was in America the last time, and that was for my sister's wedding, two years ago. But I absolutely love riding bikes and I was very happy to join them.

   I was also very happy and very blessed by my friends. They are so thoughtful and loving, and it really made my day to do all of the things that we did today. They say that a place is only as good as the people that live there, which makes Lviv a pretty amazing place, because my friends really rock!


   So, it's been a long week; I'm feeling very exhausted. But I think back on all that has happened and I have absolutely no regrets, everything was totally worth it! I will miss doing these things when I move to the Bible College, but I know that God will open up many different doors and opportunities to spread the Word of God, and to have fun and to be encouraged.

   

God bless you all, 
~Alex R. Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment