Saturday, September 21, 2013

Speaking Louder Than Before

   

   Jeremy Camp really rocks, and I don't just mean his music...I also mean his lifestyle. The message behind his song, Speaking Louder Than Before, is going to be the main point of this blog post. This song is such an encouragement, but it is also a challenge...am I speaking louder than I was before? Am I sharing my faith for the world to know who Jesus is?

   A few months ago I had the privilege to see Jeremy Camp and his band in concert, and I got to meet each of them personally. The concert was an amazing time of worship. As a musician I absolutely loved the balance, because Jeremy Camp and his band are such talented musicians, so as a musician I thoroughly enjoyed his music; but the other side of Jeremy's music that is so amazing is the worship. I looked around me and felt a rush as I watched thousands of people that were all there to worship the same God. Even now as I write about it I am getting chills, just remembering that night. I remember standing in front of the stage, praying over the people and watching the people come down to us for altar calls. Behind me, Jeremy sang the words, "Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all of our praise, You overcame. Jesus, awesome in power forever. Awesome and great is your name, You overcame. And we will overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony, everyone overcome!" And what a great testimony that we have as believers!


   Now I've been given an opportunity to speak louder than before. Our band, which consists of me, my brother, and my best friend Evan, have been asked to come to the city of Harkiv to help with evangelisms and concerts. We will be there for almost a week, and Lord willing we will have many open doors to speak to the people in Harkiv.

   What are the prayer requests for the trip? Well the first one is simple...the weather. The forecast says that it will be raining the whole time that we are there, so that would be a bummer if that hindered any of the outreaches that we have planned. Another prayer request would be for me, as I will be busy keeping up with studies while participating in the different outreaches and concerts. 




   Of course the biggest prayer request is for the people. Pray that many people would come, and that they would hear the words that we are saying. Pray that they would come with open hearts and that they'd be willing to receive the Gospel. Please pray for us as we travel and as we deliver the Word of God to the people. Pray for us that God would give us the Words to speak to the people and that everything that we will do while we are there will be in God's strength, and not our own, because we can't make it on our own.
  

   Also, if you guys would be able to pray for me in another way that would be great. As I'm sure that most of you all know by now, I am a Bible College student and right now I am taking correspondence classes. However, it is my desire to actually go to the college as soon as I can, and study on campus. This blog is to share with everyone what is going on in my life and to ask if you'd be able to help me in my vision with college. You guys can help me in great ways, really! If you have any desire to support me financially in whatever way you can, then you can click here to go to my support page. If you don't feel like you can support me financially that is okay, your prayers are appreciated very much! Also please, if you have the time, spread the word about my blog; just sharing a link on your Facebook or Twitter can help me in great ways, even though it may seem insignificant.

   I just want to thank all of you, my readers, for taking the time to read my blogs. Without you guys there would be no point in writing these blogs, and I truly enjoy sharing with you guys about the things that the Lord is doing in my life. Next week I should have exciting news about the work that God is doing in Harkiv, Ukraine!



God bless you all,
~Alex R. Pratt   

No comments:

Post a Comment